12.14.2008

1 new message

So I like to write my blogs late at night, but it seems that when i try to do that, it wont let me log in, and then I keep missing days!! So I guess I'll just have to start doing it a little earlier, which shouldn't be hard since I am official done with this semester! YaHOO!!

So yesterday I was going to write about these two tools that I been crazily using lately, and something that if I had to live without... I would have unfortunately lost many friends and many contacts this past semester. 

Thing I have taken for granted number 13
Text Messaging and Facebook

Keeping in touch with people is really difficult some times. Different cities, different countries... maybe even just different homes. I don't really call people as much as I should, and I'm really not all that fond of talking on the phone anyway, I like to multitask and that makes for a really crappy phone conversation. So I've really hit hard with the text messaging these past few months. It allows me to keep in contact while I am doing a million other things at the same time. Facebook... oh where do I begin. If it weren't for Facebook, I probably would have completely lost touch with everyone I've ever become friends with through just a class. You know... you meet people in a semester long class and you're great friends... after the semester ends you may occasionally see each other in passing, say hi chat for a few minutes. The next time, it's just a hello. After that, a head nod or smile....  eventually you ignore each other completely. Not out of rudeness, but it gets to that point where you almost wonder if they remember you. Or maybe you remember their face, but not their name. Or you wonder if that might be the case for them. Facebook has allowed me to stay in contact with those who with the previous description may have happened. So I LOVE the site for that.... even though it consumes more of my time than I would like....


MoViNg On

Oh today was one of my most favorite days of the year!! No, not December 14th and NO not Sunday (who likes sundays??) BUT

Thing I have taken for granted number 14
BAKING CHRISTMAS COOKIES!!

So we, well I, made the dough this morning because it has to chill in the fridge for three hours. That we brutal when I was younger. Oh, yay, we're going to make cookies... but we have to take a three hour break for the STUPID dough. But now that I am older, I have more patience. Eh, who am I kidding, no I don't. I just know how to keep myself busy better. So the dough chilled, we picked up where we left off, and rolled the dough into balls, added toppings, insides, fillings, what not. I grudgingly put on Andy Williams, not because I like it, but because that's what we've always listened to while making cookies. The beginning of the Christmas season used to begin, REALLY begin, when my mom and dad took me and my brother to the mall to see Santa. And then afterward, we went to the dollar store to get our little silly gifts that we could afford with our own money. That night was when I started getting that Christmas feeling. It's harder to me to muster up that feeling now. I feel sometimes like the magic in Christmas doesn't exist anymore. But I know that's just silly, because Christmas and the whole idea of it IS magical. Now that I am older and don't go see Santa (well not that I tell anyone....) making Christmas cookies is that time for me when Christmas REALLY starts. So it has begun ladies and gentlemen... and so has the weight gaining... grr.... but as number 415 in the little book of christmas joys says: don't use the words "I'm on a diet" during the holidays. :)

peace.love.happiness. 

No comments: