12.07.2008

School??

Like everyone else in the student world, I have been spending my last week or so STUDYING big time for final exams. I seem to have this wall that I hit, when if I study ANYMORE, I will start losing information! I hit that point about five minutes ago. It's been a weird semester. Going from ALL general education classes, to ALL classes that apply to my major! This semester was very scary to go into. I was VERY worried that I would take all of these classes and decided : oops... I really don't like this after all. Thank goodness I'm having the exact OPPOSITE reaction. YES, I did realize that I have a LOT of work ahead of me and it's going to be a very demanding degree.... but I enjoyed my classes this semester, and if hard work is all that it's going to take... then I'm GAME! 

Thing I have taken for granted number 7:

My Education. 

Now I am going to say something that will probably sound ridiculous to most people I went to High School with... but I LOVED COD. It was an amazing start to my higher education, and if it were a four year school, I would still be there, by choice. I had some AMAZING teachers that really inspired me, and made me think that I can accomplish some amazing things. If it weren't for one of those teachers I never would have done speech, I never would have become a National Champion (in anything, probably ever), I never would have realized how much I LOVE public speaking, and I never would have done such a kick ass honors projects! I am so thankful for COD and my teachers there. NIU had a very tough act to follow. While I am still adjusting to it quite a bit, my teachers have really made it as good as it could possibly be. I'm being taught by ALL PHD's. (no, that doesn't stand for what Phoebe was told....) It's intimidating being taught by people who have so much knowledge. At the same time, it's extremely rewarding! 
I can only hope that things continue to get better and better, like it did at COD. 

For those of you who go to COD (or went there)  be PROUD. The college is amazing, and the teachers are some of the best in the nation. Don't listen to the people who bash it, they don't know a good thing when they see it. Make your time there amazing! 

Most importantly, don't give up on your education! It's so important, and above all a PRIVILEGE! Remember that. Going to college is something you GET to do, not something you HAVE to do. 
Good Luck on your finals!

peace.love.happiness. 

No comments: