12.06.2008

Company

I got up at about nine this morning, extremely pissed off at the fact that I didn't really fall asleep until about three hours earlier at 6ish. I go in and out of Insomnia cycles, and one night of non-sleep usually signals that it's going to be a LONG and frustrating few weeks worth of nights. With finals coming up next week, I'm in dire need of my sleep! Needless to say, I was pretty darn cranky. BUT at about 9:56 or so, I got a phone call. Because of the Switchfoot ring tone, I knew right away it was L. She used her jedi mind power to get me to Dunkin Donuts, which in case you didn't know - America Runs On. As I was walking out the door I said bye to the fam and assured them I would be back shortly. 

hmmm.... I lied. Unintentionally of course. 


Thing I take for granted number 6:
Good Company and a Good Gab Session 


One conversation melded into another and into another and so on. After being at a new school, where I really don't know a whole lot of people, I haven't really had any REAL conversations with anyone. And until this morning, I didn't really realize how much I had been missing. 
It's nice to sit and talk, especially when you and the person you're speaking with think so much a like. I realized how very therapeutic an hour and a half could be. Venting about what we needed to (and oh did we need to!), problem solving the problems that needed solving, giving advice, sharing secrets, and dreams (literally the dreams we had the night before, which were so weird!) I could go on.... but hopefully you all know and experience the value of friendship. 

So I'll cut it short tonight... to hopefully catch up on the sleep I missed last night?? fingers crossed. 

peace.love.happiness. 

1 comment:

Lauren Grace said...

oh sam. i SO loved our dunkin donuts date!!! it was so wonderful to go, sit, gab, talk to strangers in line about my coffee/donut decisions...looking the way i did after water aerobics....WITH YOU! =D

i agree. much needed. and so crazy how we both were like, um, we have to go because, America runs on Dunkin!
(even though sam did not on this particular morning... i made up for the both of us with my glazed AND half marble frosted donuts!!)