12.10.2008

I had trouble getting into my account last night, so today is going to be a double header. 

I am a girl who wears her jeans more than one day in a row without washing them, and I am not afraid to admit it! It always seems that I can never find more than one or two pair of jeans that fit me well at any given time. BUT those jeans fit me AMAZINGLY, AND I LOVE THEM. 

Thing I have taken for granted number 9:
My Blue Jeans

If I didn't have them, odds are I would be walking around pant-less nearly all the time, and especially with the weather right now, that would NOT be good. If you ask me, we don't appreciate our jeans nearly enough! Think about it, you can wear jeans to anything. I'm seriously contemplating wearing jeans under my wedding dress when the time comes. And I totally wish I would have worn jeans to the prom, it would have been SO much more comfortable. Jeans are like a really good best friend. They go with you  everywhere, they are there in good times and bad, they make you look good, they make you feel good, you can go to bed with them without them getting the wrong idea, they are supportive, and best of all - they are extremely comforting. 

Now, catching up to myself, todays REAL post. 

So yesterday it was freezing raining and regular raining and snowing, it was a mess. Today I don't have any finals, and therefor no school. For the first time in a long time, I slept in until 10:30, it was amazing!! I had all these plans to get some last minute shopping done, buy a sub sandwich, return some things, study. Basically have a very relaxed, chilled out day, taking my time to do everything and enjoy myself. I was so excited that my car was in the sun, so I didn't have to scrape the ice off of my car!!! Well instead, my tires were jammed in between ice, and I couldn't budge my car and inch. I tried for like 45 minutes. It was frustrating and cold. So finally I resorted to some good old man power!! 

Thing I have taken for granted number 10
The rescue kit my dad put in my car. 

I literally used a flat head screw driver and a hammer, and chiseled the ice from around my tires. On my hands and knees, I chiseled and chiseled. It took me a good 15 minutes, but I got my car out of the ice, yay!! Of course my AWESOME jeans were soaked, and I was freezing, but I made it!! So if you don't have a safety rescue kid in your car (one that is preferably dad-approved) GET ONE!! you never know when you'll need anything or everything in it! And don't underestimate getting down on your hands and knees and digging your way out of a problem. Sometimes, it's the only way. 

Drive safe these next few weeks!!

peace.love.happiness. 

1 comment:

Lauren Grace said...

*sigh*
for real sam...with the week i've been having (and for the things yet to come), reading your blog is the one thing i look forward to. it for real brightens my day for the whole 5 minutes it takes to read it. best 5 minutes of my day. when u told me to sit and just BE for five minutes, i would preferably spend those five reading your blog.
not kissing ass. just speakin truth. you rock!