12.16.2008

Laughing Out Loud?

The News. They should really rename it the BAD news. I log in to my email account everyday, and I am forced to have a news feed come up, letting me know all of the horrific things going on in the world - in the past HOUR. I know that it's my responsibility to know what is going on in the world I live in... but sometimes, I just DON'T want to know. Children being killed by their parents? Father's and son's bombing banks together? REAL pirates trying to stir up trouble so they can get as much air time as Johnny and Orlando. I mean, COME ON! So about two months ago, after being so fed up with the friggin election, I changed some settings on my email account. 

Thing I have taken for granted number 16
The entertainment tab on my new feed

Now, when I switched to this tab, I was then bombarded daily with the "drama" of celebrities lives. As I logged in today, of course I got an ?earful? about Hillary Duff. "I've been accused by the press of giving lap dances at clubs. I mean, little ol' me? It's shocking."  Was this supposed be a joke?? Needless to day I felt so ashamed of CHOOSING to have these messages come up for me multiple times a day. So I switched to one of the other tabs, World News I think it was. I can't even tell you how many headlines had more the phrase "More than 20 people dead after...." 

Screw that. I went back to my entertainment tab. It's not that I want to ignore the news, or pretend that it's not happening. I don't want to disrespect the people who are living through these tragedies and deaths. But at the same time, I would rather be laughing at the fact that the biggest problem Ms Duff is facing is whether or not she gave a lap dance while be glad that I know that there are bigger more important things out there, even if I don't want to be reminded of them all the time. 

Find something to laugh about every day. It really does help soften the blow of the world we live in. 

peace.love.happiness. 

No comments: