12.20.2008

Better Late than NEVER!

No excuses, I'm behind!

So Wednesday night I went to the Claim with L and M. We decided to go out, have a good meal, fun, exchange presents.... etc. While there are a million and one things I am thankful for from that night, I'll take the one that I haven't already mentioned somehow.

Thing I have taken for granted number 17
Going out to eat.

So think about it. Most of us prepare and bake our own meals, it can take minutes - but sometimes takes hours, we do everything ourselves, we even clean up everything afterward. BUT when you go out to a restaurant, it's like walking into what your life might be as a millionaire. You're greeted at the door by your "butler." How many of you have a butler at home, yea. You never have to walk in and clean things up, so obviously you have a "maid." You have a "servant" who gets you everything you need so that you don't have to get up off your butt! You have your pick of the Menu (how many of you get to pick off of a Menu at home??). You have a chef, usually more than one. You have someone to clean up everything when you're finished with it. Seriously, I should spend more time in a Restaurant! :) We spend so much time complaining when we go out to eat. We waited to be seated, our food took to long, it wasn't perfect, something was wrong with what we ordered, our server was too slow.... BUT in the same breath, when we see or hear of rich people treating their staff like that, we are appalled. And then we make excuses about how it's their job and they are paid to do it... but so is that rich persons staff. Having worked in a restaurant for my fair time, I know how sad it is to have people treat you like you don't matter. Like this is all I am going to amount to ever. I didn't let it get to me too much, because I know what it can be like on the other side of the counter ... but still - I think we all need to be a little more appreciative of restaurants and the people who work in them. Especially around the Holiday's... because many of them are leaving their boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, mom/dad, brother/sister, best friend, and the worst to leave - Their children. So don't forget your pleases and thank you's.

peace.love.happiness.

No comments: