12.21.2008

My FaVoRiTe

Thing I have taken for granted number 18:
Staying in for the night

From my last post, you can obviously tell that I enjoy going out. It's nice to have someone else taking care of everything. BUT in the same breath, I am VERY much partial to a night in. So for your I am going to make a personal check list of things to need to make a perfect night in, complete with all of my favorite things. Some new, some old.

A fireplace. It's a must! Nothing says cozy like a fire place.
A nice warm fuzzy blanket to keep away the draft - L knows all about that.
Christmas lights, even if it's not Christmas.
Really Warm socks.
A GREAT feel good movie. (The Holiday is a great suggestion, even if you've seen it.)
Some good hot cocoa or tea, possibly some "chocolate"
Great company, although sometimes you need alone time - and that can be very healing
A camera, to document the great evening
AND most importantly is to drop your worries at the door. This is a must. There is no point in having a night in like this, if you're going to spend it dwelling. Turn your phone OFF, don't look at your watch, eat and drink whatever you want regardless of calories.
Take an night for you!!

peace.love.happiness.

No comments: