12.25.2008

The final five

Food
I am absolutely STUFFED right now. Like, Thanksgiving Turkey stuffed. We’ve started a recent Christmas Eve tradition of cooking a big breakfast!! Pancakes or French toast, bacon, sausage, hash browns, eggs, orange juice … the works! So the morning started off BIG!! We then exchanged presents between siblings and nieces and nephews and then went to (my favorite) OLIVE GARDEN! It’s not that their food is so amazing, well their breadsticks – yes, but it’s not about the food. It’s about the atmosphere and the feeling I get when I’m there. But needless to say, I walked out FULL!!

Thing I have taken for granted number 21
Never being hungry

Yes, I complain that I am hungry. I sometimes even misuse the word starved. But I’m not. I am very well nourished. Everyone I know is. It’s ironic, actually. They say we’re in this big depression and that Bush messed up the economy so terribly. But from what I’ve heard… most of us don’t even know what a depression looks like. The stories I hear about the great depression consist of families not eating for DAYS, and when they did get to eat it was little more than the size and consistency of a piece of salami. I know that people ARE hurting right now. I am not ignorant to this. People are jobless, people are struggling with money. I know people have it harder than those from certain times before… but honestly… we don’t know what it is to go hungry. At least none of the people I work with, go to school with, live around… or anyone else I know in my life for that matter. Talk to your grandparents about wanting.

Now go look in your refrigerator, and be thankful.


Religion
Anyone who knows me, knows that religion has been complicated for me.
I go through stages in my life when I can’t believe that PEOPLE actually believe the things they do. We are treading through out own mistakes and hypocrisies. I don’t like to think that when I die I’m done. POOF! Nice try, but you’re done. No deals, no buy ins, no persuasion. At the same time I don’t want to worshiping the people who give me rules to live by or I will go to hell. I don’t like that! I one point I went completely atheist. There is NO higher being our there. We are here alone. But one afternoon, I was driving in the winter. It was icy and had been snowing all day. As I began to turn, the ice took over and slid my car any which way it wanted to. And I prayed. I don’t know to who, and I don’t know why, but I did. And it really made me think. Why would I do that if I didn’t believe that SOMEONE was listening, or something? Maybe when I speak, maybe when I ask for help…I’m not just talking to myself. Because when the car stopped, The car was fine. Everyone else was fine. I was fine.


And the final three, my TOP three - need no explanation. And I don't think i could put it into words even if I wanted to.


3.Health


2.Love


1.Family

peace.love.happiness.

No comments: